Field Service Technician
Our client is a market-leading industrial manufacturer with a long-standing history of supplying a comprehensive range of high-quality products across Australia and New Zealand. Led by industry experts, they are passionate about providing innovative, dependable and sustainable solutions to a diverse client base across multiple industries. Committed to delivering exceptional service to their customers, and having a strong partnership with their end-users, they have a unique opportunity for an experienced Field Service Technician to join their head office in Melbourne. This highly autonomous role is based out of Melbourne with a National reach and will include regular regional and interstate travel.
Reporting to the Sales Director, this front-line position is a hands-on, field-based role and will play an integral part in the retention and generation of new customers.
Your duties will include:
- Performing work on warranty and service jobs; including installations, commissioning, start-up, repairs, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of equipment such as drives, instrumentation and control systems
- Providing technical support and On-site training with dealers on a variety of products
- Ensuring required spare parts and consumables for the proper completion of the service to be performed are available at all times
- Developing a trusted dealer service network and providing them with continuous training and education
- Reporting and providing administrative reporting after field trips
- Providing technical feedback to Product Manager on product quality issues identified in the field
- Assisting the Product Manager in lab equipment testing and product development
With a strong focus on LEAN principles and a culture that embrace change, your role will involve assisting in relevant projects and actively participating in continual improvements to the product range.
You will ideally be Tertiary Qualified and have a technical background in a similar role dealing with mechanical and electrical products. You are an outgoing and high energy professional, with strong and confident communication skills. You love working closely with your customers to provide exceptional service and enjoy training and educating both internal and external stakeholders. This is a highly autonomous role, so it is imperative you are proactive, have strong planning and organisation skills and the ability to reprioritise when business demands are changed.
It is essential you have:
- A current Restricted Electrical License
- The ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions, electrical diagrams, and mechanical drawings.
If you believe you have the above-listed qualities and experience and are seeking a new career challenge, please apply directly by hitting the apply tab. If you would like to have a confidential chat regarding this or any other position please contact Kaeley Smith on 02 8896 6038.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Like us on Facebook for regular updates.