A Farm Manager is required for a large dairy goat farming operation situated in Gippsland, Victoria. The Farm Manager will run the day-to-day operations of the farm, supervise staff, and drive the required changes and improvements to the pasture and livestock operations. The farm covers 272Ha of irrigated pasture and our animals are fully housed. A PMR system feeds a herd of 5000 milkers. This is a senior role that requires a very experienced dairy farm manager.Description and Responsibilities
Specific duties to include:
- Plan, organize and manage dairy goat farm activities, including finance, production, equipment, supplies and personnel, provide quality goat milk products,
- Ensure a safe working environment, humane treatment of animals, and environmentally responsible production methods,
- Supervise, monitor, develop and train employees, including a Farm Supervisor and Herd Technicians,
- Oversee examination, vaccination, and treatment of goats, under supervision of a licensed veterinarian,
- Maintain up-to-date financial and other records, using MS Office, a herd database and internet,
- Inspect equipment and farm structures to ensure the proper functioning and coordinate repairs and maintenance with the maintenance team.
This role is a full-time role, based on Monday to Friday with early starts. There will be a need for some weekend management at certain stages.
- Preferably experienced in dairy milk production and handling.
- 5+ years of farm management experience
- Experienced in both intensive rearing and pasture grazing management
- A proven record of good animal health and a demonstrated ability to manage large-scale livestock herds
- Ability to manage and mentor staff, building a high-performance team
- Accomplished in administration and documentation including data input and assessment
- Academic qualifications in Agriculture and or Farm Management would be an advantage
The role is located in Trafalgar, in the Gippsland region of Victoria.
There is an excellent remuneration package to attract the right candidate, including on-farm accommodation.
Please feel free to apply for this role via the Apply button online or via our website (www.agri.com.au), or for more information call me on 0419012841 or email me at [email protected] Dr. Ray Johnson, Managing Director, Agricultural Appointments.
To keep informed about future roles, follow us on LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/company/agricultural-appointments).