Expressions of Interest: CM/RM Caseload Model of Care
About the role
The Mater Mothers’ Hospital Midwifery Group Practice (MGP) team are currently seeking expressions of interest from Clinical Midwives and Registered Midwives, who are available for permanent full-time and part-time OR temporary short-term and long-term positions.
Mater’s MGP Program enables women to be cared for and supported by a group of known midwives throughout their pregnancy, during birth and in the early weeks at home with a new baby. This model recognises the benefits of continuity of care, allow midwives to work flexibly and to their full scope of practice.
What you'll be doing
In each of the MGP programs, you will provide continuity of care to women and their families covering the full spectrum of midwifery care from antenatal to intrapartum and for up to 6 weeks postnatal. In addition to the 4 main MGP teams we have 4 specialist teams providing care to women as detailed below:
- Refugee Midwifery Group Practice:
- You will work within a culturally sensitive, culturally appropriate environment providing care to women of a Refugee background
- Birthing in our Community (BIOC) 2 teams:
- BIOC midwives works with the support of Indigenous Health Workers and in partnership with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Service (AICHS), and the Institute for Urban and Indigenous Health (IUIH) providing culturally appropriate maternity care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women.
- Young Women’s Group:
- This service will see you coordinating, assessing, planning and providing care for Young Women attending the Young Women’s Group.
Some experience of working with these groups is preferable
These roles require enthusiastic and dedicated midwives to provide exceptional Midwifery care in coordinating, assessing, planning and providing care. It is a fantastic chance to become part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team, utilising your enthusiasm and midwifery passion for the delivery of best practice within a supportive and professional environment. You will utilise your expertise in caring for women and families and your ability to work in partnership with the multidisciplinary team. You will enjoy demonstrating your excellent communication skills and building relationships to ensure exceptional patient care.
To be considered for a role, you must have:
- Current registration with AHPRA, including Midwifery endorsement
- Significant postgraduate experience in a Midwifery environment
- Recent experience working in antenatal care, birth suites and post-natal settings
- Experience working in a continuity of care model
- Evidence of continuing educational and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to role model the Mater values
- Experience or an interest in providing care for women and their families in one of the service areas as listed above
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
If you are interested in applying for this position, simply click on 'APPLY' to attach your resume.
Please note we CANNOT accept any emailed applications so please ensure you submit your details via the "APPLY" button.
If you are having technical difficulties submitting your application please contact the Recruitment Team ([email protected]) confirming the role you are applying for and the specific difficulties you are experiencing.
At Mater, you'll find we live and breathe our values. We are a health care leader that provides care to more than 500,000 patients each year as a private, benevolent not-for-profit organisation - what profit we make goes back in to our business which is why we offer state of the art facilities and the resources to advance your career and provide exceptional care to our patients.
Mater is also committed to environmental sustainability and draws on our recognition of the link between health, climate and the environment which ensures we optimise our position as responsible corporate citizens.
Come and join us; as a Mater employee you'll find the benefits you deserve and the opportunity to be part of a healthcare community unlike any other.
Applicants from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Posting Notes: South Brisbane || QLD || Australia (AU) || Midwifery ||