Your new company
is an Australian-based mineral exploration and development company established for the purpose of acquiring a portfolio of highly prospective exploration projects.
The client has recently been granted heritage approval and with their tenement in close proximity to De Grey's massive Hemi, they are ramping up exploration. AC drilling to date has identified opportunity and the client is in the process of sending DD rigs to site to further explore these opportunities.
Your new role
Reporting to the Technical Director, who is a legend in the game, you will be mentored and trained with the expectation to take over the reigns as Exploration Manager once you are up to speed. The client sees this handover happening relatively quickly.
Some of your duties will include:
- Generate and rank geological targets through the research of historical data and commissioning of various studies
- Recommend, design and deliver effective and efficient exploration programs.
- Ensure tenement, stakeholder, environmental, safety and heritage compliance with Company and statutory requirements.
- Ensure the performance of the Company’s QA/QC practices are compatible with JORC and industry standards.
- Ensure the Company’s exploration data and databases are continually updated and maintained to a standard that meets the Company’s requirements.
- Contribute to and participate in the preparation of ASX announcements and technical report writing.
- Management and mentoring of the Company’s exploration staff.
What you'll need to succeed: Tertiary qualification in Geology. Experience managing exploration programs in Western Australia, preferably at a senior leadership to supervisor level. Experience in gold and/or base metals exploration. Database management experience (desirable). MapInfo, QGIS, Surpac and/or Micromine experience Current C Class manual WA Driver’s License.
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary + 10% superannuation
- Access to performance rights
- Mentorship and guidance from an industry veteran
- The chance to step up to a manager's role
- Have the chance to be accredited with the next big discovery!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Cullan Grindlay now on 08 9265 9130 or you can email [email protected]
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2550079