Provide executive and translation support to one of Australia’s leading experts on Chinese foreign direct investment. This role will see you dealing directly with Chinese clients.
Gilbert + Tobin is a top tier corporate law firm recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its practice areas. We are at the forefront of legal innovation, have successful and expanding practices in all our specialist areas, and we enjoy a reputation for providing our clients with the highest quality service and expert legal advice. We have over 750 professionals working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
About the role
This varied and exciting role will see you providing support to Sophie Chen and a small team of Corporate Lawyers as well as providing critical translating services for the team and their Chinese clients. More specifically, you will be:
- Editing and improving the language, grammar, and syntax of draft documents in Chinese
- Assisting with basic formatting of translated documents using Microsoft Office
- Providing support on other functions including filing and maintaining translated documents
- Diary and email management, organising travel, expense management
- Billing and the preparation of financial reports
- Maintaining client contact information
We asked our EAs what else you should know, and they said..
- There is a team focused culture where you always have support;
- G+T is a social firm. Be prepared for monthly morning tea, EA lunches and drinks, Christmas Parties and EOFY events;
- There is an EA program in place where you are continually learning and developing your skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will be an excellent communicator with outstanding Chinese and English language skills (written Chinese in particular). In addition, you will be/have:
- An undergraduate degree or higher diploma in translation
- NAATI Certified Advanced Translation Certificate (English to Chinese)
- Some level of translation related work experience
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and efficient in word processing
- The ability to work under pressure and manage priorities while ensuring deadlines are met
- A basic understanding of legal/commercial terminology and work experience in a law firm
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on quality
What’s in it for you?
G+T is proud to offer all of its employees a range of excellent benefits which you can view on our careers website at https://cdn.brandfolder.io/3RTTK3BV/as/pwvwfq-141j28-7skujp/GT_Our_Benefits_Flyer.pdf
You’ll be based in beautiful sunlit open planned offices with panoramic views of the city and easy access to public transport, restaurants, cafes and exercise facilities.
How to apply
Apply online today via our careers website. For further information on this role, please email Laura Scott at [email protected]