Your new company
Hays Technology are proud to be partnering with Banana Shire Council to appoint their new ERP Implementation Manager in a 2-year Fixed Term capacity.
Your new role
Reporting to the Director of Corporate & Community Services, you will lead the implementation of the new Enterprise Resource Planning system ensuring the Council and community can leverage and build on its capabilities for years to come.
In this role, your key responsibilities and duties will include:
- End-to-end Project Management of the ERP implementation
- Managing the contract with the selected Vendors or provider/s of the ERP system
- Leading process re-engineering
- Managing project budget and risk schedules, and reporting the progress of the project to senior management and project control committee/s
- Delivering the change management process with the support from Senior Leadership and Human Resources team
- Leading and supporting two internal project team members, as well as any other attached resource requirements
- Designing and delivering ICT capacity management with wider council staff to achieve sustainable management of ERP
What you'll need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Business Administration, Project Management or similar (or substantial equivalent experience)
- Strong leadership and project management experience, with a track record of delivering quality organisation-wide IT projects on time, within budget and in scope
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of seniority
- Experience in systems procurement
- Strong contract management skills
- Ability to work across functional and technical groups, effectively managing expectations, facilitating negotiations and establishing team priorities
- Ability to assess service levels and resource requirements, and allocate appropriate resources to achieve the service levels
- Current Australian Driver’s License (Queensland C Class equivalent)
- Knowledge of popular ERP Systems within Local Government
- Local Government experience and knowledge
- Formal qualifications or certifications in Project Management
What you'll get in return
This role offers you a 2-year fixed term position and the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy on the organisation and community. You will be offered an annual salary package of $150,000 inc superannuation, salary sacrifice options and relocation assistance if required.
You will enjoy flexible work arrangements, unbeatable work/life balance and generous education and professional development support. Banana Shire is located 120km west of Gladstone and an easy drive to Rockhampton. It has rail and road links to both cities, as well as direct flight services to Brisbane.
Known as the “Shire of Opportunity”, you can explore its many natural attractions including gorges, rivers and National Parks including Dawson River, Expedition, Kroombit Tops, as well as Isla Gorge. There are plenty of opportunities for fishing, water sports and 4WD adventures. Sport and recreation play a major role in the lifestyle of Banana Shire residents with over 470 community and sporting groups to choose from.
Biloela is home to people from over twenty-five different nationalities and is considered a highly welcoming town, and the Shire also offers numerous childcare facilities, public + private primary schools, two high schools, three P-10 schools, five public hospitals and a variety of religious venues and communities.
What you need to do now
Banana Shire Council is an Equal Employment opportunity provider and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
Applications close: Friday 10 September
For further information on this role prior to application, please contact:
Paul Sloan [email protected]
James Flanagan [email protected]
LHS 297508 #2547813