Environmental Health Officer
A reputable Local Council has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Health Officer. Start on a 3 month contract with on-going potential.
ABOUT THE COMPANY.
This reputable Local Council in the Western suburbs of Sydney has recently opened an opportunity for an Environmental Health Officer to join their team. Employees in this team have a keen desire to deliver work at the highest quality, thus collaboratively assisting each other with their projects.
ABOUT THE POSITION.
In this position, you will assist the Senior Environmental Health Officer with ensuring compliance and regulations are met. As an Environmental Health Officer, you will be working within the Environmental Health Team to assisting with various health related inspections.
- Carry out inspections at a variety of locations
- Respond to inquiries and provide safety advice to stakeholders
- Coordinate and issue Penalty Infringement Notices when necessary
- Assess DA's to ensure requirements of regulations
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Qualification in Environmental Health or related
- Demonstrated experience in Local Councils preferred
- Knowledge of Environmental Health practices
- Experience with the Environmental Assessment of DA's
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
This team is described as being collaborative, talented, and skilled, with a high level of work and team ethic. In this Council, employees are offered continuous opportunities to advance their skills and careers through broad project exposure and the ability to take ownership of their work.
- Work in an open environment and support group goals
- Opportunity for permanency based on individual performance
- Enjoy flexible working hours, ensuring excellent work life balance
HOW TO APPLY.
Click 'Apply for this job', or contact Milica Erak on (02) 9231 4999 for a confidential discussion.