Your new company
We are working with a Hunter Valley based leader in the resources sector who have a commitment to responsibly source commodities that advance everyday life while focusing on environmental management practises and sustainable development.
They currently have an opportunity for an Environmental Specialist to join their Environment and Community division.
Your new role
As the Environment and Community Officer, your core responsibilities will include;
- Drive innovation in land management practices and actively seek opportunities for improvement in environmental performance.
- Provide technical advice and operational support relating to environmental management and community relations
- Support the maintenance of the Environmental Management Systems and compliance
- Promote positive Community relations through active support of company SD initiatives.
- Be involved in ecological research, scientific trials, and environmental project works.
- Management of ground clearing and rehabilitation activities
- Support senior functional and process leaders to deliver expected results and provide a value-adding contribution to the overall effort.
- Provide a high level of customer service and continue to grow and combine professional learning and experience with work output.
What you'll need to succeed
If you are the ideal candidate - you will demonstrate;
- A sound understanding of the environment and community aspects of the resource industry
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- A commitment to excellence and a focus for detail
- The ability to share information appropriately in an open forum through presentations and general communication to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A passion to drive innovation i land management and promote positive community relations.
What you'll get in return
- An excellent remuneration package.
- The chance to work for a company that promotes growth and development and rewards dedicated people who strive to be leaders in their field.
- You will also be in a role that CAN REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Staci Baird now on 0414 896 784 for more information.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2620532