Entry Level Data Center Technician
Are you passionate about technology? Want to kick start your career within a leading global organisation? Our hands on role as a Data Centre Technician might be the role for you.
Who are we?
Equinix is the one of the largest growing Data Centre companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That€™s why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal €“ global interconnection. With over 200 data centres in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it€™s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
As a Data Centre Technician, you will be part of a team that is at the core of our Equinix Operations department, providing 7/24/365 support to the Data Centre and conducting circuit maintenance, installations and advanced testing. You will also be responsible for the daily upkeep and operation readiness of Equinix€™s data centre environment.
- Installation, termination, testing and labeling of all cross-connects (CAT6, Fibre, MDF phone line) in the IBX.
- Perform remote hand services for customers.
- Troubleshooting circuits with use of OTDR and BERT Equipment.
- Hardware installation including: shelves, power strips, rails, cable management, and customer equipment.
- Report current status via the ticketing system, shift reports, and email.
- Manage multiple concurrent interdisciplinary projects and ability to work in a team.
- Exhibit quality workmanship on all work and maintain collocation space cleanliness.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Completes all assigned training in a timely manner
- Supports customer satisfaction through timely and precise orders
Qualifications / skills
- Advanced written and verbal English skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive attitude who enjoys working in a team
- Ability to perform manual handling, climb ladders and lift 25 kilos
- Must be flexible to work shifts including nights, weekends and public holidays.
- IT or Telecommunication qualification €“ degree or diploma preferred
- Ability to learn fast and work autonomously
- This is an entry level role where we accept new to career and graduates
Are you interested?
Click apply now!
You can also check out our YouTube page to find out more about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xshmMk-FKjqKCLOKklQQw
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disabilities