The Azure Specialist for Data & AI is technical sales professional within our Enterprise sales organization, focused on bringing on new managed customers onto the Azure platform. The Azure Specialist role is focused on working with Microsoft’s account teams to identify and drive opportunities in targeted workloads. The key goal of this role is to increase incremental sales volume of Microsoft Data & AI solutions, through the generation of new opportunities that result in additional customer revenue. As a Azure Specialist, you will work closely with Sellers and Partners to plan and execute account coverage and campaign strategies to unlock new sales opportunities. The role is adept at understanding the needs and process pains of customers to identify opportunities where Microsoft Data and AI solutions can add long-term value. You will have the exciting opportunity to be responsible for serving as the cloud computing subject matter expert for customers, fostering pre-sales demonstrations, proving technical concepts, and helping drive ROI discussions on the move to cloud for our Enterprise customer base.
- Customer centricity is at the core of how we operate our business
- Communicate effectively with line of business and IT decision makers effectively via phone, email and social tools
- Work strategically to remove technical and business sales roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices
- Develop a thorough understanding of solutions and relevant business pains, and become proficient conducting high-level demos of primary selling scenarios for solution
- Collaborate with the extended sales team, partners, and marketing to conduct whitespace analysis to pursue high potential customers and develop a target list of potential business
- Generate new opportunities through territory planning, events, and demos in coordination with Microsoft Partners
- Ensure excellence in pipeline management, pipeline hygiene, and sales execution against targets
- 2-6+ years' of cloud technology related sales or consulting experience, particularly around Data Platform technologies.
- Technical capabilities in Data & AI
- Ability to present the differences between on-prem, cloud and hybrid models for Data Warehousing, Data Lakes and AI.
- Strong ability to articulate the value props and infrastructure components (DW, SQL, Data Lakes etc.) to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions An understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends and solution partners