We are on the hunt for an experienced hands-on Engineering & Maintenance Manager to assist our client, located in the South-Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne on a 6 - 12 Months Contract basis. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company that not only offers progression, but also an excellent organisational culture with a focus on enhanced employee communication, collaboration, wellness, and performance.
In this position, you will be primarily responsible for end-to-end management of several engineering projects and maintenance of the processing plant/equipment and associated facilities. Reporting to the General Manager, your key responsibilities will include leading the installation and maintenance programs, reliability improvement, management of maintenance staff, contractors, and suppliers, as well as cost budget for the department. Other responsibilities include:
- Planning, implementation and management of major plant upgrades and equipment installation projects
- Monitoring and management of plant equipment and facilities related contracts with suppliers and third-party service providers
- Controlling cost budgets for the unit and driving continuous improvement initiatives
- Assisting with training of new staff to ensure they understand how to use the plant facilities and the relevant WHS issues, including the development of safe work instructions for all techniques, processes and equipment
- Effective collaboration with other business units to ensure business goals are achieved
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, quality and safety standards
To be successful in this role you will be expected to have:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role within the Food Manufacturing/Processing or FMCG environment, preferably within high care facilities
- Knowledge and experience in Reliability-Centred Maintenance (RCM) based Preventative Maintenance systems
- Strong leadership skills, as well as people and performance management experience
- Competency in MS Office suite and PC-based Maintenance Systems
- An understanding of Lean production systems and a strong focus on WHS
- An ability to manage multiple projects along with a structured approach towards managing workload
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and personal presentation
You will be compensated with a generous salary package and benefits, as well as provided with resources, training, and support to set you up for success.
If you feel you have the skills and experience suited to this position, please APPLY NOW.