Engineering Internship - Vocational Placement
Omron Electronics Pty Ltd provides a 3-month unpaid industrial Vocational Placement opportunities to Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering students to get a real experience and training in the Industrial Automation Industry. The internship involves:
- Training – Training courses, e-learning, mentoring, coaching and lab practice.
- Work Experience – Providing assistance to engineers and project teams.
About the business
Omron is a leader and only global company to successfully integrate input, logic, output, safety and robotics in a single automation platform solution.
For more than 80 years we've been bringing innovation to manufacturing through automation and enriching the lives of people around the world.
We offer a wider range of best-in-class products to build into dynamic machinery and production systems. With over 36,000 employees and more than 110 locations, our solutions improve speed, increase throughput and enhance operator safety.
Today, as always, we remain committed to developing the products, systems and solutions that help us create tomorrow's opportunities for various industries such as automotive, food and beverage packaging, semiconductor and infrastructure to name a few. Get to know the company that invented the automated traffic signal, the ticket vending machine for commuter trains, the ATM, and sensing capabilities that inspired face-recognition technology in smartphones.
During your vocational placement, you can expect to be involved in the following duties, which are intended to provide you with the opportunity to gain valuable skills, experience and knowledge:
- Provide technical support to customers in the form of programming assistance (including Zen, CX-One and Sysmac programs), product testing (for example, testing sensors, temperature controllers, counter and other automated components), and assisting with general customer enquiries
- Proof of concept duties which involve testing of vision system and robot concept, assisting with presentations to customers, and testing duties at different customer sites
- R&D projects
- Assist senior engineers with various duties
- Ad hoc administrative duties such as cleaning and warehousing duties; and
Developing technical skills by using testing equipment and demonstration kits.
Skills and experience
This position is suitable for graduates or final year students in Electrical or Mechatronics engineering looking to complete their industrial training. Successful applicants will:
- Be ambitious and hardworking individuals who are interested in Industrial Automation.
- Believe in our values of challenging ourselves, respect for others and innovative thinking.
- Has drivers’ license.
- Go above and beyond.