Engineering Drafting Trainee
- Develop your Career in the Mining Industry.
- Gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification.
- Work with a team of professionals!
Now part of the Global Michelin Group of Companies, Fenner Dunlop is regarded as a world leader in providing Engineered Conveyor Solutions to the mining industry. Committed to our values of Safety, Professionalism, Innovation, Respect, Integrity and Team, Fenner Dunlop are seeking a Trainee Engineering Drafter to join our busy business in Somersby, NSW.
We specialise in providing engineered conveyor solutions for surface and underground mining clients who demand reliability and performance, we can take a small idea and make it a big reality!
To be considered for this role, you must be willing to commit to completing A Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting, a nationally recognised qualification. This qualification covers the skills and knowledge required for a detail draftsperson producing specialist engineering drawings within an engineering or manufacturing work environment.
Working on key projects across the NSW region, your main responsibilities will include developing skills in creating drawings and specifications (from engineering components to large structures), hand sketching, advanced Computer Aided Design (CAD) and 3D modelling. This is an excellent opportunity to develop skills in both the electrical and mechanical trades.
- Must have a strong safety focus;
- Must have completed Year 12 – with subjects in Maths and Science
- Must be highly computer literate – expose to CAD – highly regarded
- Possess good mechanical aptitude, as well as sound communication and numerical skills;
- Have an interest in electrical work;
- Provide proof of Australian Work Rights; and
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening.
If you are an ambitious self-starter who wants the opportunity to join a business where you will be able to further your career, we would like to meet you.
What’s on offer:
- A nationally recognised Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting, fully paid for by Fenner Dunlop;
- Get paid while you learn;
- Guaranteed exposure to major national mining projects; and
- An outstanding career pathway with all the training and support you will need to succeed.
How to Apply:
To join the Fenner Dunlop team, click the link below and apply online. Applications close on
Fenner Dunlop is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
Disclaimer – Third party agency referrals will not be accepted.