Emergency Respite Support Worker
- Join a life changing program with a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- SCHADS Level 3.1 Schedule B + Superannuation + Salary Sacrificing (casual pool)
- Various locations across Queensland
Wellways Australia exists to help all Australians lead active, fulfilling and inclusive lives in their community. We achieve this by supporting and working with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the program
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services which are led and funded by individual consumers. It provides participants with choice, control and flexibility. This includes supports such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme and Planned and Emergency Respite through the Australian Government Carer Gateway. These services provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
About the role
Wellways is excited to announce that we have recently been accepted as a Provider of Emergency Respite, through the new Carer Gateway Support service. Due to this recent change, we are seeking experienced flexible and reliable Support Workers throughout the whole of Queensland, with a focus on Cairns, Mackay, Central Coast, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Darling Downs and Roma, who are prepared to respond to requests for support at short notice and at any time of the day or night.
Our Support Workers come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but they all share a common goal of empowerment and development of participants. If you share our passion of helping people and want to make a difference in someone's life, then we look forward to receiving your application!
Key responsibilities include, however are not limited to:
- Assisting participants with personal care
- Domestic and daily living support
- Meal preparation and shopping assistance
- Promoting independent living and community participation
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Qualification in Certificate 3 or 4 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care or Home and Community Care
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision and information
- Availability to work for a minimum of 2 hours per shift
- A positive, compassionate attitude and strong work ethic with a high level of reliability and punctuality
- Evidence of working rights within Australia such as a passport or birth certificate
- A current valid Driver's License, registered and insured motor vehicle
- National Police Records Check
- Blue and Yellow Cards
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
Benefits & Culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals to their fullest potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
- Salary packaging up to $15,899 per annum
- An attractive hourly remuneration - $38.11 per hour