About the role:
The key area of responsibility for this permanent fulltime role is the electrical engineering and design of the AC and DC power systems components for the complete range of RSS radio base station products including communications shelters and structural assemblies.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
The role involves design and development of the RSS range of telecommunications infrastructure products including:
- Containerised shelter products (including associated AC and DC power and control systems)
- AC generation and distribution systems
- DC generation and distribution systems
- Environmental sensing and PLC control systems
The key accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Liaising with internal and external customers to understand and confirm their requirements
- Translating requirements into a conceptual design and then detailed design
- Work with draftspeople to create detailed design drawings
- Engage with the appointed independent design authority to get design signoff for conceptual and detailed designs
- Engage with customer representatives to finalise design signoff for conceptual and detailed designs
- Providing input into the factory acceptance testing of products, including validation of test plans against customer requirements and signoff of test plans
- Convert detailed designs into production designs, working with the production team to ensure components can be assembled cost-effectively in the factory
- Production engineering and integration of locally designed and third party sourced products
- Following company standard processes for design and providing suggestions for ongoing improvement and refinement
- Working with key suppliers, develop innovative and cost competitive solutions for power infrastructure (i.e. batteries, chargers, solar products).
- Development of supporting documentation and knowledge for CommTel infrastructure products.
Business Development & Sales Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering input into quoting/estimating and conceptual designs for individual customer projects.
- Provide engineering input into the definition of new products and solutions and contribute to taking them to the market.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualification in electrical engineering;
- Proven track record of developing and documenting designs for power and control systems, ideally in similar types of products;
- Ability to organise project workflow and third party suppliers;
- Must be computer literate and proficient with windows based software, including Word and Excel, Project and Visio.
- Competent in the use of Solidworks or other 3D CAD package and/or AutoCAD
- Accreditation as a Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ)
- Chartered Engineer, CPEng or RPEng status
- Exposure to the telecommunications infrastructure industry;
- Experience in working in the mining, oil & gas, or emergency services industry;
- Experience in producing designs for production;
- Understanding of Project Management principles.
CommTel is an equal opportunity employer.