Electrical Engineer 3
Australia - Northern Territory, Alice Springs
AECOM has an opportunity for and
Electrical Engineer (Power) supporting our program in Alice Springs, Australia. The Engineer is responsible for the management, oversight and planning for engineering design, procurement, and construction or modifications to the installation that effect the performance of critical mission systems. This individual will approve and manage red line drawing, SOW’s and ROM’s for proposed engineering solutions and modifications to the installation. He/she will establish and maintain an engineering technical library and like informational repositories. The System Engineer is responsible for the successful operation and planning associated with program related configuration management, project/construction management, recapitalization planning and engineering related functions.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This individual should have considerable knowledge and understanding of how to engineer and design an electrical system from generation to rack mounted equipment. The Systems Engineer for Power should have a thorough understanding of SCADA systems and Building Management Systems.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Active, fully adjudicated TS/SCI Clearance with Poly or TSPV Department of Defence clearance required..
- Professional licensed engineer (PE) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience which shall include mechanical and electrical systems, working with the government, working in a secure atmosphere, experience in data centers (power and cooling), configuration management experience and knowledge and experience with the Uptime Institute, SCADA and building management systems.
- Must be able to design packages and be a self-contained engineer.
- PMP and Lean Six Sigma Certifications preferred.
- NEC Expert Required.
- Experience with instrumental control.
- Prior DOD and OCONUS Facilities experience is a strong plus.
- Knowledge and experience with SAP is preferred
- Must have native-like fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.