This is a critical role to develop and implement EHS management systems within our dynamic, highly matrixed organization. As a talented EHS professional with excellent communication, business partnering and project management skills, you will utilize your demonstrated EHS experience and play a key role in driving strategic change in new EHS initiatives.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of an integrated environmental health and safety management system that ensures compliance with local regulatory requirements, Telecommunication EHS Standards and is aligned with organisation strategies, initiatives and goals.
- Develop EHS Project Management, Environment management plans and seek for continuous improvement.
- Implement a targeted risk management program that mitigates illness and injury risks, minimizes environmental impacts and meets local regulatory requirements.
- Engage and influence key stakeholders within the organisation to drive EHS culture.
- Collaborate with leaders on EHS issues related to customer requests and implementation of key projects within Australia.
- Support, coach and mentor leaders while driving accountability for EHS performance in projects.
- Ensure adequate investment in safety initiatives by providing sound business rationale.
- Ensure an EHS consultation framework is in place that encourages employee participation.
- Foster a culture of reporting EHS adverse events including incidents, injuries, near misses and hazards through Ceragon inSide system.
- Ensure effective incident investigation and root cause analysis is conducted.
- Conduct site inspections of Telecom sites to review supplier EHS practices and complete checklist.
- Work with Implementation Manager to review project EHS practices and suggest continuous improvements.
- Participate in daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly EHS reviews and governance meetings.
- Serve as a key EHS contact within the organisation, customers and suppliers and maintain the company’s reputation for excellence in the area of environmental, health and safety.
- Some domestic travel will be required.
- Some out of hours work will be required.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline such as Occupational Health and Safety with a minimum of 5-10 years’ relevant experience in Telecommunications industry.
- Experience in risk, change and health and safety management.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety legislation in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sound working knowledge of anti-discrimination legislation and principles.
- Sound working knowledge of EHS / Risk Management legislation and principles.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills with supervisors and customers.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Able to work under effectively across all levels of the organization.