Educator – Goodstart North Lakes College Street
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We’re looking for an inspiring and enthusiastic educator to join a highly motivated team, providing fun and educational programs to children in our care.
As a passionate childcare professional you will be committed to providing the highest quality of care and will be rewarded with the opportunity to build your career within a supportive and rewarding environment.
- Our North Lakes College Street childcare centre is close to shops, schools, public transport and local transport routes
- We offer a welcoming, fun and very supportive environment with lots of long-term staff
- We are rated as Exceeding NQS
- We are a 119 place centre open from 6.00am until 6.00pm
- Community is vitally important to us and through visits to the centre and participation in events and activities throughout the year we can enrich the learning experience
- We also have a Therapy Dog named Wayne who visits our centre regularly. Wayne is a retired Greyhound who has undergone intensive training to become a Therapy Dog and works together with us as part of our human canine Animal Assisted Therapy team
- Minimum certificate III level early childhood qualification (ACECQA approved)
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Full-time permanent, 38 hours per week
- Float role assistaing with each room when required and supporting all of our children
- Actively contribute to the education program in the room and the centre team
- Engage and supervise the children at all times
- Maintain a safe environment for children, families and team members
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with children and families
- Comply with National Quality Standards and Goodstart policies and procedures
- Support a culture of reflective practice and ongoing continuous improvement
- Competitive above award wages
- Supportive and friendly team with head office support and excellent resources
- Ability to cash in annual leave
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Discounted childcare fees
- Professional development opportunities
- Career pathways
- Uniform allowance
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’.