About the business
Our Service is in a large coastal regional centre with access to tertiary education, airport, hospitals and health specialist. With the beach to the east and the mountains in the west, an exciting lifestyle awaits is calling you.
We are a small 2 room independent Service seeking an organised, inspiring, and enthusiastic person to join our dedicated team. As a small Service we are able to act and respond quickly.We prides itself on providing high quality care for all children. We have meaningful & respectful relationships with all families, children and parents across the Service.
We provide education and care for children from the ages 0 - 6 years, monday to friday, closing for public holidays and two- three weeks at christmas.
Our focus is the children and assisting them to be all that they can be. We seek innovation and passion within the educational programs with a team of educators that provide dedicated, quality care for all the children.
About the role
ECT/ Educational Leader
Within this role you will work with the Director and Nominated Supervisor to ensure all requirements under NQF for Educational Programs and practice and the associated documentation are met and in a timely manner. You will:
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to all educators in the Service as Lead Educator
- Ensure the safety and welfare of all children
- Providing education and care that meets/ exceeds the national regulations, the National Quality Framework (NQF), and support the Early Years Learning Framework
- Ensuring delivery of routines and programs (intentional and spontaneous) in a timely manner
- Planning and facilitating stimulating and appealing learning experiences & environments for the children.
- Documenting the children's learning and supporting and mentoring other team members to do so, all in a timely manner
- Communicate positively & professionally with families
- being accountable and ensuring the accountability of the Educators in relation to their Planning Cycle,documentation and Practice
- Ensuring that the Regulation is being met in relation to Educational programs and practice
Benefits and perks
- Imagine living by the beach and waking up to the sounds of the ocean?
- Imagine having only a ten minute drive to work and no traffic jams? What will you do with your extra time?
- Imagine getting home in daylight and going to the beach for a swim or going for a bike ride?
- Imagine year-round sport?
- Imagine parking right out the front of the business or shop you need to visit?
This is the lifestyle that awaits you when you choose to live and work in Coffs Harbour, in the sub-tropics of NSW. Situated by road about 5.5hours from Sydney and 4.5hours from Brisbane with a regional airport, we are never far from anywhere. You live in a town with city benefits and a country feel.
The Service has a new landscaped garden with real grass!, plants and all natural materials. And as a smaller Service we are able to be focused and respond quickly to our children and families needs, providing personal service. This translates to us being a dedicated team of Educators focused on giving the children what they need in a caring environment. Working alongside the Director you will have real influence and the ability to contribute effectively to the running of the Service.
Situated 3.8km from the town centre, with a district park nearby for excursions, we are in a peaceful locale within a residential area. There is a bus route out the front and free onsite parking for staff
This position has room to grow professionally working closely with the Nominated Supervisor and Service Director.
Skills and experience
It is essential that you have:
- an approved ECT degree, or are actively working towards it. Having first achieved a Diploma qualification and at least 3 years FT working experience, you would be a prime candidate
- Experience 3 years in managing, mentoring and motivating people
- Working knowledge and experience with the NQS and QIP
You will need to be organised, enthusiastic, creative and able to play the long game. You will have great oral and written communication skills, showing diplomacy and empathy when required.And you will have a thirst to learn and strive.