Principal Analyst - Economic Evaluation
- Brisbane CBD Location
- 1 Month Temporary Contract
- Government Organisation
This is a rare opportunity to join a large QLD Government organisation in a short term contract.
Your new company
This Government client is looking to appoint an experienced Economist or Principal Economic Analyst to join their team for approximately one month with a possible extension. This client is based in Brisbane CBD and this work unit focuses on commercial evaluation, commercial management, finance, commercial services, grants and more.
Your new role
You will be involved in economic and commercial analyses and the provision of advice on the development and management of financial incentive and funding agreements that aim to boost Queensland’s economic development and competitiveness. Your role includes developing and managing funding agreements for various incentive programs and fulfilling various reporting requirements. As required, you may also assist with other functions in Commercial Evaluation and Management such as financial and commercial analysis, including value-for-money, economic evaluation and assessment of projects and proposals submitted under funding programs and initiatives.
Your role includes providing advice on complex commercial and financial issues, including regulatory requirements and land acquisition and access for infrastructure projects. You will also provide economic assessments, including supply chain impacts based on sound methodology for a range of projects related to renewable and resource recycling industry.
Your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage and undertake the provision of superior quality value-for-money, benchmarking and economic impact assessments of industry and infrastructure projects and proposals that are seeking financial incentive under various funding programs.
- Manage and undertake economic evaluation (e.g. cost/benefit and cost/effectiveness analysis, state revenue impact, multi-criteria analysis), bench-marking, crowding out, and project assessment using in-house economic modelling techniques and tools and program guidelines.
- Provide expert and timely economic and value for money assessments in the form of reports to decision-makers, including interdepartmental working groups and panels of funding programs
- Contribute to the development and implementation programs and initiatives that:
- Undertake the development of key performance indicators for strategic major projects after consideration of value for money and economic impact assessments, including development of benefits identification and realisation metrics and measures.
- Undertake review of economic impact assessments and cost benefit analysis for declared significant projects for the Coordinator General
- Coordinate whole-of-Queensland responses to Queensland-related foreign investment proposals and provide responses to Federal Treasury.
What you'll need to succeed
You are an experienced Economist or Principal Economic Analyst with prior Government and Commercial experience. You are available immediately or at short notice to start ASAP. You are a team player but can also work autonomously, you are results driven and have excellent communication skills. You possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or equivalent.
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to join this large Government organisation and add value to their Commercial Evaluation & Management Team!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
on an external site.