Early Childhood Teacher | Richmond
About Your New Role:
As our new Early Childhood Teacher, your role as an active leading team member will be to provide a safe and stimulating environment which meets the needs of our children. It is your responsibility to encourage engagement and participation in curriculum decision making, inline with our curriculum, standards, and practices.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Work collaboratively with educators, children, and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting, and evaluating in line with the National Quality Framework.
- Ensure that programmes are designed, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspects of child development in a holistic way.
- Develop trusting relationships with families through regular, honest and open communication regarding the care of their children.
- Extending children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation.
- Gather and analyse information from written observations to ensure children’s strengths, interests and preferences are included in the programme and activities.
- Actively build and maintain reciprocal relationships with families and team members.
- Mentor educators in the education, care, and supervision of all children.
- Experience working in an environment guiding and supporting children up to six years old.
- Experience developing high quality programmes for children up to six years old.
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for children and their families.
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Early Childhood Teacher Networking - Come together each month to discuss, learn and build.
- Be a Leader - Be valued as part of our Centre Leadership Team.
- Extra Time - Receive extended programming and planning time.
- High Quality Resources & Environments - Our environments spark creation, inspiration and pure joy in educators, families and visitors
- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform, external training and short courses.
- Financial Benefits - Gain access to generous childcare discounts, referral programmes and more!
Journey Early Learning Richmond is conveniently located in the Epworth Hospital Medical Centre on Lennox Street. Catering for up to 40 children between the ages of six weeks and six years old, our centre has play-spaces with incredible views overlooking Melbourne’s CBD.
With recently refurbished environments, our spaces are modern and spark curiosity and inspire children to work together with their friends to conquer milestones with confidence.
Our Centre Manager, Josi has been working in the sector for over 7 years and is eager to continue role modelling how to be considerate to our environment, and how to build and maintain a great sense of belonging with our community.
The community is at the heart of Journey, so we have developed strong relationships with partnerships such as Kiddy Rock. We are such a culturally diverse community at Richmond, so we hold regular cooking classes and family events to connect and bring everyone together.
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.