At G8 Education, we understand that early childhood teachers add richness and value to the educational offering for children and families within our centres. High-quality, play-based approaches to teaching and learning are core to our centre programs for children aged birth-5 years. We are seeking a qualified early childhood teacher to deliver a quality play-based program at Symonston Kinder Haven.
Early childhood teachers inspired by Ainsworth, Bowlby, Rinaldi, and Steiner will find their professional place at Symonston Kinder Haven. Led by an experienced and dedicated early childhood teacher, this centre prides itself on deep respect for ongoing professional learning, theory, and research. Relationships are core to the pedagogical philosophy in practice. Families seek out Symonston Kinder Haven for its dedication to genuine partnerships with the community. A separate courtyard presents an opportunity for an expansive sustainability hub including resident chickens, multiple planter boxes and a purpose-built dining space. As an experienced early childhood teacher, you will collaborate with an established team of child-focused professionals in the pursuit of pedagogical excellence.
For this unique context, you will bring high level knowledge and skills around quality approaches to teaching and learning, including:
- knowledge of the National Quality Framework and Early Years Learning Framework
- delivery of a play-based, inclusive program which supports the full participation of all children
- experience in designing learning spaces responsive to children’s age, interests, play schemas and developmental capabilities
- proven knowledge and application of varied theoretical perspectives in practice
- proven ability to nurture respectful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and leaders
- a commitment to ongoing professional learning
Your knowledge base and skill set as an early childhood teacher will continue to develop as we invest time and resources into your ongoing professional learning and development. At G8 Education, our early childhood teachers benefit from:
- Attractive wages well above award and generous performance bonuses paid quarterly and annually
- Sector leading 30% discount on care for each child at any G8 Education Centre for either yourself or a member of your family
- A dedicated Early Learning and Education Leadership Team who provide guidance, training, and resources to support the ECT role from induction onwards
- A dedicated G8 Education Development Framework for Teachers, designed by Semann and Slattery, to build your pedagogical and leadership skills as you develop your teacher identity
- Access to G8’s online Learning Lounge with more than 70 hours of professional development
- Access to Parent TV to support your partnerships and discussions with families
- Exclusive access to G8 Education's benefits platform, with discounts to 500+ retailers
- Access to health and wellness programs
The ideal applicant will hold (or be studying towards) a Bachelor or Masters of Education (Early Childhood), as recognised by ACECQA, and will share our commitment to quality programs which support all children’s potential. Graduates with sector experience are also encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
If you are ready to join our G8 Education family, or would like to know more, apply now or contact our recruitment team on 07 5581 5360 for a confidential discussion.