Early Childhood Teacher | Carseldine
About Your New Role:
As our new Early Childhood Teacher, your role as an active leading team member will be to provide a safe and stimulating environment that meets the needs of our children. It is your responsibility to encourage engagement and participation in curriculum decision making, in line with our curriculum, standards, and practices.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child-safe policy and code of conduct
- Work collaboratively with educators, children, and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting, and evaluating in line with the National Quality Framework.
- Ensure that programmes are designed, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspects of child development in a holistic way.
- Develop trusting relationships with families through regular, honest and open communication regarding the care of their children.
- Extending children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation.
- Gather and analyse information from written observations to ensure children’s strengths, interests and preferences are included in the programme and activities.
- Actively build and maintain reciprocal relationships with families and team members.
- Mentor educators in the education, care, and supervision of all children.
- Experience working in an environment guiding and supporting children up to six years old.
- Experience developing high-quality programmes for children up to six years old.
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA Code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for children and their families.
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA approved bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Early Childhood Teacher Networking - Come together each month to share & learn
- Journey Academy - Exclusive access to accredited training & short courses.
- Paid Annual Volunteer Day – Giving you something that gives back
- Paid Birthday Leave – Celebrate your special day on us!
Journey Early Learning Carseldine is our newest childcare centre in Brisbane that caters for 117 children from six weeks to six years old. It boasts state of the art environment to support children’s curiosity, imagination, and creativity. Adjoined to a retirement village, the team at Carseldine will have opportunities to build incredible community ties and relationships. With a sustainability garden, stage deck, play fort, sports zone, water play and natural exploration space; Our outdoor environment is an absolute child’s wonderland, ready to be explored!
Our Centre Manager, Monique has over 15 years of experience in the Early Childhood sector advocating for children and their families. Monique recognises the fundamental role families play in their child’s life and therefore continues to collaborate to share and learn from each child’s family at the service.
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.