At G8 Education, we understand that early childhood teachers add richness and value to the educational offering for children and families within our centres. High-quality, play-based approaches to teaching and learning are core to our centre programs for children aged birth-5 years. We are seeking a qualified early childhood teacher to deliver a quality play-based program at Conder Early Learning Centre.
Conder ELC in Canberra’s south presents an opportunity to inspire and engage in a unique pedagogical journey, working alongside educators who are passionate about curriculum in context. Driven by a strong focus on social justice and children’s rights, you will embrace children’s competence, understand the intent and purpose of a yarning circle around the fire pit, and never shy away from a challenge. Conder ELC works hand-in-hand with its co-located sister centre, extending the potential for an experienced early childhood teacher to influence pedagogical change across centre teams.
As a qualified early childhood teacher, you will bring knowledge and skills around quality approaches to teaching and learning at Conder Early Learning Centre, including:
- knowledge of the National Quality Framework and Early Years Learning Framework
- delivery of a play-based, inclusive program which supports the full participation of all children
- experience in designing learning spaces responsive to children’s age, interests, play schemas and developmental capabilities
- proven ability to nurture respectful relationships with children, families, colleagues, and leaders
- a commitment to ongoing professional learning
Your knowledge base and skill set as an early childhood teacher will continue to develop as we invest time and resources into your ongoing professional learning and development. At G8 Education, our early childhood teachers benefit from:
- Attractive wages well above award and generous performance bonuses paid quarterly and annually
- Sector leading 30% discount on care for each child at any G8 Education Centre for either yourself or a member of your family
- A dedicated Early Learning and Education Leadership Team who provide guidance, training, and resources to support the ECT role from induction onwards
- A dedicated G8 Education Development Framework for Teachers, designed by Semann and Slattery, to build your pedagogical and leadership skills as you develop your teacher identity
- Access to G8’s online Learning Lounge with more than 70 hours of professional development
- Access to Parent TV to support your partnerships and discussions with families
- Exclusive access to G8 Education's benefits platform, with discounts to 500+ retailers
- Access to health and wellness programs
The ideal applicant will hold (or be studying towards) a Bachelor or Masters of Education (Early Childhood), as recognised by ACECQA, and will share our commitment to quality programs which support all children’s potential. Graduates with sector experience are also encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
If you are ready to join our G8 Education family, or would like to know more, apply now or contact our recruitment team on 07 5581 5360 for a confidential discussion.