With more than 200 stores and employing over 34,000 people, Kmart is proud to be one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and most successful retailers.
Serving the needs of Australian families is at the core of who we are as a business, that’s why we are driven to be the place customers rely on for low prices and making every day living brighter.
With over 20 stores operating 24 hours a day and all other stores open during extended trading hours, Kmart is now easily accessible for our customers whenever they choose to shop. To ensure we provide a continued service during these extended trading hours, we have a Duty Manager overseeing the operations of the store.
Kmart Bairnsdale has a Part Time position available for an experienced and passionate retail leader to join the team as a Duty Manager.
Your main responsibilities:
- You will play a key role in ensuring the smooth operation of the store by managing the store and leading the team during the span of trading hours in absence of the Store Manager.
- You will hold full accountability for the operation of the store during your rostered shift, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction, asset protection, legislative compliance, increasing team member productivity and ensuring good communication and information sharing with team members.
- You will also play a key role in improving our safety culture and results for the store and provide feedback, advice and input to management team.
You will bring a solid background in retail, ideally with demonstrated experience working in a supervisory/team leader role. A working knowledge of Kmart's processes and policies along with excellent time management and problem solving skills will be essential for your success. Above all you will be passionate about leading your team to grow sales and deliver a great customer experience.
Flexibility is essential, with the position on a rotating 22 hour per week roster
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same!
- Development opportunities across Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group
- Excellent remuneration, a generous bonus scheme and access to the Wesfarmers share plan
- Discount card for Kmart, Target and Officeworks
- Support of flexible working
So if this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
At Kmart we aim to ensure our teams reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.