Umoona Tjutagku Health Service is seeking a motivated and reliable person to fill the above position. Ability to drive manual 4WD vehicles is a must and you must be willing to take Criminal History Checks prior to joining the organisation. We at Umoona Tjutagku Health Service are passionate about bridging the health gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous people in our community.
You will be part of a service that promotes the improvement of Aboriginal Health by using Primary Health care Principles. Applicants need to address the criteria set-out in the Job Specifications.
- A Degree in Counselling/Social Work or in relevant area
- 1 year of experience in social work
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Improved overall health and wellbeing for people who are affected by alcohol and other drugs, with an understanding of the effects of alcohol and drugs on their lives;
- Provide alcohol and other drug counselling which will improve their quality of life and meet their needs;
- Develop a client centred approach to counselling and treatment that will enable the client to set realistic goals for his/her treatment outcomes;
- Improve client access to appropriate alcohol and other drug treatment programs that address alcohol and/or other drug misuse for others in the community
Benefits of being employed by Umoona Tjutagku Health Service
- Gain experience working in an Aboriginal Community controlled organisation
- Opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team
- Salary Sacrifice Benefits are available
- Opportunities for further training/personal development
- Emotional Awareness
ABORIGINAL AND TORRES STRAIT ISLANDERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY