The primary purpose of Toll Group is to connect people to products. Our core beliefs, our mission and our vision are underpinned by our values, integrity and trust, safety, continuous improvement, teamwork and being open and transparent.
Toll People are looking for a Driver Trainer to join our Energy division based at Rockingham.
The position of Driver Trainer (Dangerous Goods) provides specialised training, assessment and coaching for Toll drivers in all relevant aspects of their duties including, but not limited to, induction and on boarding, legislative requirements and Toll Group procedures.
The position is required to implement the business driver training strategy (incorporating risk, quality, HSE and human resource management systems) continuous improvement considerations in driver training and assessment within the Dangerous Goods sector. The position plays a key role in the ongoing training and development of Toll Energy – Fuels drivers to increase service quality and manage the health, safety.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting a range of training programs to support the delivery of Toll Group driver training initiatives. This will involve group, 1 to 1, classroom and in truck training sessions along with the use of a driver simulator where required
- Ensuring all drivers are inducted and trained in Toll Energy - Fuels procedures, including the safe operation of equipment
- Conducting regular driver assessments to verify competency (all aspects of driver activity, including human factor issues and driver/vehicle presentation)
- Assessing driver competencies as part of pre-employment checks and re-assess current drivers to comply with business requirements and standards
- Ensuring that all mandatory training requirements are met within the business, including effective document control and quality records system - maintaining and tracking records of all driver training and assessments
- Undertaking driver training needs analysis and develop training plans that ensure daily operation and equipment impacts are minimised
- Participating in the investigation of any driver incident as requested, implement and follow up any corrective actions as required
- Review training and assessment effectiveness and make recommendation for continuous improvement
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience as a skilled and competent driver, trainer and facilitator
- Have previous experience with mass management, fatigue management, COR and dangerous goods along with knowledge of road transport rules and regulations
- Strong motivation, coaching and team building skills
- Ability to identify and remedy operational inefficiencies and service problems
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety policies and legislation
- Ability to clearly define and document work processes
- Previous truck driver experience would be advantageous
- Computer and information technology literacy (including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with strong numerical and literacy skills
- Multi combination truck licence
- Minimum of a certificate IV in training and assessment
- Valid national police clearance (under 6 months old)
Our Energy & Marine Logistics division provides scalable logistics and project management solutions to oil and gas customers, supporting on-shore and off-shore energy operations. With a strong focus on developing customised solutions that meet the ever changing needs of our customers in the energy sector, we combine our extensive experience in the industry with strategically located facilities to provide agile logistics solutions for oil and gas projects – from exploration to production, construction and drilling.
Note: We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies/third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.