Rickard Engineering is an established consultancy practice with over 30 years' experience in Australia providing quality civil, structural and façade engineering services with 50% of work interstate/overseas. The practice is involved in a number of landmark projects in Australia and worldwide: UK, USA, New Zealand, Middle East and Asia. The office in Australia is located in Neutral Bay. Refer to website: www.rickardengineering.com
The role offers the successful applicant a high variety of opportunities including;
- Interstate and international projects.
- Work on diverse, interesting and challenging residential, commercial and industrial projects.
- Working with an innovative team on high-level engineering projects.
- Be involved in the design of reinforced concrete, structural steel and timber structures as well as façade projects.
- It is preferable that the person is an Australian citizen or has permanent residency.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experiences
An opportunity exists for a skilled Designer with four to six years’ experience. The position requires an individual with 2D and 3D experience using AutoCAD and REVIT. The ability to prepare neat hand drawn sketches for design development as well as for contract issue is also important. Experience in detailing structural steel, reinforced concrete and façade. The person must have the ability to communicate clearly with clients and project design teams. Experience using THERM software would also be highly regarded.
- Preparation of sketches, plans and designs (hand-drawn and CAD) for structure and façade
- Performing site inspections and organising/supervising maintenance and repair works including soil penetrometer testing
- Preparation of site reports
- Research and collection of data for analysation
- Carrying out computations
- Estimating material costs and ensuring completed works are within specifications
- Provide engineering support to engineers
- Thermal calculations of buildings
SALARY PACKAGE: Between AUD $75,000 to AUD $85,000