- Are you a GREAT disability support worker?
- Ongoing need for regular shifts in Eltham
- We offer great rates of pay
Are you looking for a disability support agency with a difference? We’re InLife, a not-for-profit that works only with people with frequent and complex support needs to tailor life-changing assistance programs.
We build teams around every client, depending on their needs and preferences. We partner with people with any type of disability. Our clients may have physical disability, acquired brain injury, neurological conditions, intellectual disability or autism. Most live independently in the community, including in Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA). And we’re tickled pink that many of our clients rely solely on InLife for their essential support needs. Nobody else. Just us. We build our teams from scratch, hiring new members as needed. This is why our Assistants are so important.
You will need to have the following
- Enthusiasm and passion for supporting people with disabilities to live great lives.
- Good judgement and common sense, listening skills, a willingness to learn and a commitment to our values.
- Minimum 2 years experience supporting people with Autism and complex behaviours/BOC
- Full drivers licence and be willing and comfortable to drive a van on shift as well as seat passengers
- Willingness to work varied shifts; day support including community access, in-home evening support with home duties required. We also need you to commit to ongoing shifts (>2) and a team approach
It would also be desirable if you have had past training in MANDT, positive behaviour support or similar and ongoing training with a therapeutic approach will be provided.
As part of our recruitment process certain checks will be undertaken with your permission, including a police check and a check against the Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) list.
You will also need to have a current driver’s licence, first aid and CPR training and a Working with Children Check (WWCC) for some jobs.
You must also be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen.
We offer above-award wages, great benefits and a supportive team culture (plus a strong commitment to birthday cake!).
Salary packaging benefits are available too, which can help you maximise your take home pay.