Are you a GREAT disability support worker?Or a perhaps have a nursing or student nursing background?Ongoing need for regular shifts in Benalla and WangarattaWe offer great rates of pay - minimum of $37ph after induction
We’re InLife. A not-for-profit disability support provider that specialises in working with people with frequent and complex support needs, including 24/7 assistance.
We build teams around every client, depending on each person’s needs and preferences. We partner with people with any type of disability who want to live independently in the community (and we love to make that happen!). That’s why our assistants are so important.
Our clients may have physical disability, acquired brain injury, neurological conditions, intellectual disability or autism. We’re honoured that many of our clients rely solely on InLife for their essential support needs. Nobody else. Just us.
To do a great job, you’ll need:
- Experience supporting people with a physical disability including transfers/use of equipment and confident in hoisting
- Full drivers licence and be willing and comfortable with providing transport in your own vehicle sometimes (we reimburse you for costs)
- Experience working with people with high/complex medical needs and ABI.
- Enthusiasm and passion for supporting people with disabilities to live great lives.
- Willing to work with a care team approach and incorporate the guidance of professionals. This would include supporting our clients to undertake things like their physio programs, community access for example.
- Good judgement and common sense, listening skills, a willingness to learn and a commitment to our values.
- Willing to work varied shifts with hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Willing to travel around Benalla and Wangaratta areas.
Before we can hire you, you’ll need an NDIS Worker Screening Check. This is a mandatory requirement before you can start work. It came into effect on 1 February 2021. You can use the link below to apply for your check and read more. You’ll also be up to date with your InLife training (including First Aid/CPR)
Read more: https://www.service.vic.gov.au/services/national-disability-insurance-scheme
You will also need to have a current driver’s licence, current first aid and CPR training.
- We offer great pay, generous benefits and a supportive team culture (plus a strong commitment to birthday cake!)
- You can also access salary packaging (can mean extra take-home pay)
- Opportunity for career progression - a clear career path for assistants who want to progress to be coordinators