Department of Human Services
Job reference: 491321
Location: 5554 - KADINA
Job status: Casual
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
• Contribute to the SAcommunity
• Make a difference inthe lives of people with disability
• Accredited trainingprovided
About the role
• assisting and supporting people living with a disability inall aspects of daily living, including but not limited to communityinclusion, personal care / grooming, building and maintainingindependence as well as interpersonal relationships
• multiple DIS1 and DIS2 Disability Services Officer rolesavailable
• numerous intakes in 2022
• 6 weeks of annual leave per annum
• roles are available in Kadina and Moonta
• have a good understanding of person-centred practice
• hold a current South Australian Driver’s License
• have working entitlements to work within Australia
• must be flexible to work over a 7-day, 24-hour roster periodincluding short shifts (minimum 3 hours)
• hold a current ‘Provide First AidCertificate’
• possess intermediate IT skills and knowledge
• Certificate III Individual Support (Disability) orequivalent is desired, successful candidates may be able tocomplete CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support(Disability) through Stanton Institute (RTO code 40214)
• experience and knowledge of disability, mental health and/orpositive behaviour support.
How do I Apply?
• complete the application form, including the declarationform
• attach an up-to date CV/Resume that includes the names,addresses and contact phone numbers of three (3) current referees,one being your current line manager/supervisor
• attach a comprehensive cover letter of up to two (2) pagesaddressing the Role Specific Capabilities located in the RoleDescription
• attach a copy of your passport and working eligibility visafor those who are not Australian Citizens.
Appointment is subject to
• a current Certificate in Provide First Aid.
• a satisfactory Disability Services Screening Assessmentconducted by the Department, or a current NDIS Worker Check.
• demonstrate to our satisfaction that you are physicallycapable of carrying out all the duties of the position which may beat your own expense.
• compulsory attendance at an Induction/Training Program,Mentoring and other relevant training deemed necessary by theDepartment.
National Police Checkrequired.
Employment-related Screening Checkrequired.
Must hold a current Australianissued driver’s licence (equivalent to minimum classC).
Work will include rosters over 24hours on a seven-day per week basis, and active and passive duty inaccordance with the Intellectual Disability Services Award and theindividual’s needs.
Incumbent must bevaccinated against COVID-19 with a Therapeutic Goods AdministrationAuthority (TGA) approved vaccine and provide proof of vaccinationstatus prior to being appointed to the role. You must promptlyreceive any further COVID-19 vaccination(s) or boostervaccination(s) approved by the TGA, which are available to you toaccess.
About the Business
The Department for HumanServices, Disability Services division is looking for compassionateand dedicated individuals who are committed to supporting peoplewith a disability to be actively involved in their own lives. Themajority of our clients are supported to live in group homes in thecommunity.
Our vision is Everything aboutyou with you, we support and encourage people with disabilities toaffect their choices and to use their abilities so they can developpositive skills, valued community roles and a balancedlifestyle.
Salary Range: $53,001- 54,711 (DIS1)
Location: Multipleroles available in Kadina and Moonta
Enquiries: DisabilityRecruitment Team Email: [email protected]
If you are new to the department and are invited to an interview, you will be required to produce a National Police Check, which has been issued within six months of your application for the role. National Police Checks can be applied for via the South Australia Police or through an Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission accredited body.
If the role you are applying for also requires an Employment-related Screening Check, you will be required to undergo such assessment as is advised by DHS, including periodic assessment during your employment.
Cover Letter and Resume
You are required to submit a cover letter, up to a maximum of 2 pages, addressing how your skills, experience and capabilities align with the role description. You are also required to provide three work referees, one of whom must be your recent line manager, and attach your current resume via the online application form. For more information about the department’s recruitment and selection process, please refer to Working for DHS.
Please be aware late applications will not be accepted.
DHS is an equal opportunity employer where selection is based on merit regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, religion, language, disability, sexual orientation and identity.
Applications close: 20/09/2022 11:30 PM
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.