Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and a majority investments in Domain Group and CarAdvice.
The role of Direct Sales Executive – Nine Television, is to work closely with the Group Business Director in managing an existing clientele database as well as identifying & closing new business development opportunities to achieve set monthly revenue targets.
- Generate business development and new client acquisition for the Television platform
- Be committed to over-achieving both your individual and the team’s revenue targets
- Professionally represent the Nine brand within the market, having a strong and reputable market presence
- An understanding of all of Nine’s wider products spanning Broadcast, Publishing, Radio and Digital
- Ability to clearly articulate & communicate
- Present a minimum of 5 weekly pro-active ideas and strategies to generate new business, outside of cold calling requirements & day to day existing account management
- Work under sales centric pressure
- Other duties as reasonably required
Essential experience & skills
- Possess strong commercial acumen
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong communication and exceptional presentation skills
- Proven experience in building and maintaining strong relationships internally and externally
- Television Sales Experience preferred (not essential)
- Ability to work in a fast-past environment and adapt quickly to change
- Possess strong presentation skills – utilising Powerpoint & Excel software
- Ability to understand & adopt internal processes quickly
Desirable experience & skills
- Understanding of the Television medium & local SME Landscape
- Exposure to Broadcast and other Media in general
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia permanently.
If you’re looking for your next challenge in a fun, rewarding environment, then this could be the role for you. Our people move fast and act smart: if this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.