The Azure Specialist for Apps & Infra is technical sales professional within our Enterprise sales organization, focused on bringing on new managed customers onto the Azure platform. The Azure Specialist role is focused on working with Microsoft’s account teams to identify and drive opportunities in targeted workloads. The key goal of this role is to increase incremental sales volume of Microsoft Azure, through the generation of new opportunities that result in additional customer revenue. As an Azure Specialist, you will work closely with Sellers and Partners to plan and execute account coverage and campaign strategies to unlock new sales opportunities. The role is adept at understanding the needs and process pains of customers to identify opportunities where Microsoft Apps and Infra solutions can add long-term value. You will have the exciting opportunity to be responsible for serving as the cloud computing subject matter expert for customers, fostering pre-sales demonstrations, proving technical concepts, and helping drive ROI discussions on the move to cloud for our Enterprise customer base.
- Engage with customers across industries, company sizes and types to determine needs and identify opportunities to fulfill these needs with Microsoft ?Azure cloud technologies
- Being the first contact point for many customers, deliver strong first impression, and set foundation for long term customer relationship
- Communicate effectively with line of business and IT decision makers effectively via phone, email and social tools
- Work strategically to remove technical and business sales roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices
- Collaborate with the extended sales team, partners, and marketing to conduct whites pace analysis to pursue high potential customers and develop a target list of potential business
- Generate new opportunities through territory planning, events, and demos in coordination with Microsoft Partners
- 2-6+ years of cloud technology related sales or consulting experience, particularly around Applications and Infrastructure.
- Understanding in one of the following:
- ?Software design or development - languages such as .NET, C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails or Pig/Hive; Migration virtual machines from private to public cloud environments
- Systems Operations / Management - Virtualization; IP Networking; Storage; IT Security
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills to succeed in a customer facing role
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions to technical and non-technical audiences and to connect technological solutions with measurable business value