- Permanent role based at Burwood location
- Expertise in eLearning and web design tools and methodologies
- HEW 8 $98,322 + 17% Superannuation
An amazing opportunity has arisen for an experienced eLearning designer to join the Organisational Development (OD) division at Deakin based at the Burwood location.
As a successful candidate, you will demonstrate experience in designing, development and implementation of digital training and development solutions for both Professional and Academic Staff at Deakin University. This role requires sound technical and professional expertise in eLearning and web design methodologies.
If you have proven experience in creating engaging and innovative online content and using any e-learning creation software, preferably from the digital designing background, then we would like to hear from you.
Your key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- lead, design, develop and implement online professional development and support programs for staff across a range of topic areas and cohort groups
- contribute to the continuous improvement of existing development programs and provide design solutions to deliver a multi-modal approach aligned to the adult learning outcomes
- lead and/or participate in projects that investigate ways to enhance the online delivery of organisational development activities and provide input into the organisational design strategy for clients
- produce effective, engaging and interactive eLearning /digital training solutions (both stand-alone and modules within larger development programs), using a range of authoring tools and other technologies and applications
- using best practice educational methods, design, test and implement online learning solutions to enhance the Organisational Development offering, taking into consideration the broad range of internal staff and organisational needs
- provide strategic advice and internal consultancy services to the Organisational Development team and HR Division to evaluate and provide solutions that enhance current and new programs in an online, and eLearning capacity
- meet and collaborate with internal and external clients to understand their needs and desired to learn outcomes and provide best practice advice
“To be successful”, you’ll have
- postgraduate degree in HR Management, Education, Information Technology, Interactive Media or related field with subsequent relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- demonstrated experience in successfully creating engaging and innovative online content, assessments and platforms including any subsequent project planning, communications, change management and evaluation associated
- proven experience with using e-learning creation software
- experience in editing and writing multimedia content development for online environments
- sound knowledge and understanding of contemporary HR management practices, with a particular emphasis on eLearning, adult learning principles
- demonstrated ability to organise and plan, and to meet rigid and conflicting demands and deadlines, along with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills together with proven analytical and presentation skills
- proven experience working as part of a collaborative work team combined with organisational and stakeholder management skills
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD- Digital Learning Designer.pdf
Applications for this position close on 2nd December 2019.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits, including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third-party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.