Back to job search Digital Editorial Manager
Apply now Refer someone
As an integral part of the Digital Content function in the Corporate Affairs team, you will lead Editorial development of Macquarie’s global website, Macquarie.com. You’ll be accountable for developing, communicating and implementing the editorial standards for the site. Passionate about compelling digital communications, you will understand how to structure and present website content in a way that drives coherent user journeys using compelling storytelling and clear calls to action. You’ll ensure our messaging aligns to our purpose, the Macquarie story and our customer value propositions.
Working closely with the Macquarie.com Product Owner and the Head of Content and Social, you will play a key role in establishing and coordinating the Editorial Committee for Macquarie.com, a cross-group team with oversight of Macquarie.com’s content. You will be comfortable working with senior leaders to achieve this. You will also work closely with the Social Media lead, to ensure alignment of editorial standards and messaging between Macquarie.com and the social media channels. On a day to day basis you will work closely with colleagues who are subject matter experts across the global businesses, creative design and digital production teams.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- supporting the development of, implementing, and advocating the editorial strategy for Macquarie.com. This will include content style, language standards, balance of content across groups and ongoing maintenance of high editorial integrity on the site
- creating compelling content for Macquarie.com including working with business and region teams to continuously improve storytelling and align it to business objectives
- creating and implementing a style guide for Macquarie.com which considers international and business requirements across the group
- project-by-project writing and editing support of our Region and Business teams as required to deliver specific projects
- writing and editorial support for major cross-group content pieces such as COVID-19 or Education/EdTech. You may also be required to work with external content agencies to brief and review the pieces they create
- social media program support including message development (text and image), editorial review and proofreading in support of the Social Media Lead and development of a Social Media editorial guide
- coordinating and managing the Editorial Committee for Macquarie.com; you will be accountable for working with Compliance and Risk teams on issues of risk management on Macquarie.com editorial
- advising the business and regional teams on compelling digital editorial strategies; you also advise on standards (including the editorial standard) and other questions of style and consistency for Macquarie.com.
- being passionate about editorial innovation and work to continuously improve page templates, storytelling, and content across the program.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Content, with a secondary reporting line to the Product Owner, you build deep and broad relationships across Macquarie Group, with a particular focus on the Business and Region Corporate Affairs teams. You possess exceptional written communication skills, obsessive attention to detail and demonstrated delivery skills across a range of digital media. A tertiary qualification in media and communications and/or finance, economics or commerce is preferable, as you will be required to ideate and edit content on these topics for informed audiences.
You have a track record of being a strong team player with a proven ability to build deep collaborative relationships. A demonstrated ability to work to tight deadlines and manage comprehensive approvals processes is preferable.
If this sounds like the next exciting opportunity in your career, please apply online today.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.
Apply now Refer someone About Macquarie
A career at Macquarie means you’ll have the opportunity to develop and utilise new skills, explore interesting fields and do challenging work that will impact the lives of people around the world—whether it’s accelerating the green energy transition, helping sustain global food supplies, financing social housing projects or investing in essential infrastructure. At Macquarie, we’re empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future.
Our size and international presence means your work can take you anywhere—across business groups, disciplines, sectors and borders. With 15,000 employees and offices in 31 markets around the world, we’re a truly global organisation.
You’ll be supported by a diverse team where the unique perspectives, ideas and experiences that all of our people bring are valued. You’ll be empowered to address unmet needs in our communities whilst advising and investing alongside our clients and partners. Working with us, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference.
Macquarie is a global financial group providing clients with asset management, retail and business banking, wealth management, leasing and asset financing, market access, commodity trading, renewables development, investment banking and principal investment.
Find out more at www.macquarie.com/careers
Job no: FMG-954169
Work type: Full time
Category: Mid-level, Marketing & Communications
Group: Financial Management Group
Division: Corporate Affairs
Recruiter: Jodi Rutherford
Opening Date: 04/8/2020