Green Light are assisting in delivering projects for an industry leading organisation and have a requirement for an experienced DevOps Automation Engineer to join the team on an initial 12-month contract with extensions. The successful candidate will have experience in Government focused environments.
These two mid-level roles are part of a newly minted operations team, and would be accountable for the delivery of, and improvements to our existing managed security platform. You will be curious and enjoy working in a fast-paced and challenging environment, learning every day and finding better ways of working. You will apply your technical expertise across our gateway and cloud environments to ensure its supportability and stability for a seamless customer experience.
- Enabling Automation and Orchestration across a variety of environments.
- Network and System Administration for services such as Identity, Backup, DNS, Logging and Operating Systems.
- Creation and maintenance of comprehensive documentation and supporting processes.
- Transition of new services and solutions into Operations for ongoing support.
- Interact with other teams and vendors to resolve issues and deliver high quality solutions. Translation of Requirements into well documented, functional solutions.
You'll need to have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least 2+ years of experience working in a 24x7 Cloud or SaaS production operations team or alternatively similar experience working with on premise systems management.
- Relevant certifications such as: AWS, Linux, Automation, Security, VMware, Azure.
- Linux and Windows Systems Administration and automated deployment experience.
- Experience with the deployment and use of Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL.
- NV1 security clearance.
Even better if you have:
- A passion for Automation/Orchestration using tools such as Puppet, Demisto, XSOAR, Rundeck and Ansible.
- The ability to communicate and explain highly complex solutions in a clear positive fashion with internal and external stakeholders, clients, and suppliers.