Your new company
Our client, an employer of choice based in one of Australia's most premier locations has a new opportunity for a Development Planner to join their supportive and passionate environment and sustainable development team.
Your new role
This role will contribute to achieving exceptional town planning outcomes by ensuring development proposals and existing uses accord with the planning scheme and development is sustainable in the long term.
This position will focus on the following:
- Research and provide technical advice on planning matters
- Process, assess and negotiate development applications
- Decide on development applications
- Prepare high quality reports and recommendations
- Assist in the maintenance of management systems
- Review and sign Limited Planning and Development Certificates
- Work on specific projects or in project teams
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree or Post graduate Degree in Town Planning recognised by the Planning Institute of Australia
- Proven experience in town planning practice, including an understanding of the various aspects of statutory planning and development assessment
- Sound knowledge of statutory documents
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Research, analytical problem solving and evaluation skills
What you'll get in return
As one of the largest employers on the Sunshine Coast our client offers several benefits including:
- Flexible work arrangements; part time hours would be considered
- Hybrid working; both in the office and from home
- Well-being program which provides opportunities to thrive in work and in life
- Professional development opportunities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2521744