Are you passionate about Early Childhood Education?
Do you like thinking differently?
Come and join our fantastic team at Goodstart Trinity Beach!
Goodstart Early Learning is looking for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher to join the team at our Trinity Beach centre, based in Sunny Cairns, Queensland.
About the Role
Goodstart has a new opening for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher, who can build and sustain strong relationships with children, parents, and the local community. You will work closely with your Assistant, ensuring you plan innovative and engaging child initiated curriculums, incorporating both indoor and outdoor environments, sustainability, and local excursions.
Our centre - Goodstart Trinity Beach
The centre is a purpose built Goodstart Early Learning centre and opened in 2005. We are a Reef Guardian centre and sustainability practices, and ways to help save our reef, are embedded in our service.
We have been part of the local community for more than nine years and as such we have made valuable connections with local schools, businesses, and community groups - all of which enhance the children's learning experience.
Goodstart Trinity Beach has a dedicated team of 16 qualified, long term educators, who make the centre a consistent high quality early childcare facility. We have a quality team of relief staff who work with the carers to ensure each child's successful development.
Outside we have a balance of natural and manmade elements such as sandpits, a dry creek bed, climbing frames and lots of shade.
Goodstart Trinity Beach has an outstanding reputation for our Kindergarten Program in ensuring school readiness. The effective high quality education in our service flows through from the Kindergarten room, down to our Nursery. This ensures children have solid stepping stones - all in line with the Early Years Leanring Framework - for a smooth transition from Early Childhood Education through to School.
- 74 place centre
- Well-resourced with inclusive and natural learning environments
- Welcoming and fun environment
- Opening hours – 6.30am – 6.30pm
- Competitive above award salary
- $5,000 annual bonus - for delivering an exciting and innovative Kindergarten program
- Access to a professional teacher mentor
- Quality teaching and educational resources
- Transfer opportunities – over 640 centres Australia wide
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted child care fees (from commencement)
- Employee benefits including uniform allowance
- Full-time, permanent position - 38 hours/week
- Studying towards or hold Bachelor of Education/Early Childhood or equivalent ACECQA approved qualification deeming you as an Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) or ‘actively working towards’
- Hold a current Blue Card or alternatively an Exemption Card with QLD Teachers Registration
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
AND... Did you know that Goodstart is for children, not profit. At Goodstart we are all about laying the foundation for better lives through great early learning experiences, we’re not-for-profit and entirely Australian owned, so you can be confident children are our first priority.
Goodstart is committed to child safety, with a zero tolerance of child abuse, and expect all our employees to reflect this commitment. Should you strive to uphold and reflect these values then we would love to hear from you! #gsteacher
To apply, please click "Apply Now".
For further information, please email Stephanie, Talent Acquisition Specialist: [email protected]