An opportunity exists for an experienced Design Engineer to join our Engineering team, based from our office in Beverley. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role will assist with creating innovative customer focused products from conception to production. This will include writing specifications, detailed CAD work, testing to allow quality and functional success of products.
Your duties in the role will be to:
- Manage the intended life cycle of each VoC (voice of customer)
- Develop products utilising an NPI (new product introduction) brief
- Converting concept ideas into finished products which provide functional outcomes
- Applying technical knowledge to create innovative designs and products
- Evaluating new products to determine if they are safe, attractive and functional
- Considering how new technologies may add value to new products or designs
- When assigned, leading projects to ensure project completion is on time and within budget
- Analysing test data and reports to determine if designs meet function and performance specifications
- Ensuring compliance in accordance with Toro Code of Conduct and WHSE responsibilities
Skills & Experience
You must possess:
- Tertiary and/or formal qualifications (Bachelors of Engineering or equivalent as a minimum).
- A “hands on” technical support and a “can do” attitude
- Advanced concept generation, design and drafting skills (SolidWorks/Creo/AutoCAD)
- Project management skills are essential
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues and external contacts at all levels
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Overseas and interstate travel maybe required.
Around the world, Toro employees are joined in a mutual commitment that extends beyond servicing customers. It’s a commitment to one another’s growth and well-being, a pledge to work towards success together. It is Toro’s guide as together we strive to reach our greatest potential, both individually and collectively. The successful candidate will embody this team spirit and be enthusiastically engaged in the Engineering Departments international success.
Toro offers a competitive salary package and attractive Superannuation benefits. Please see the ‘Working at Toro’ link on www.toro.com.au for additional information regarding employee benefits.
Should you wish to join a market leading company with strong ‘People Values’ and believe you have the necessary skills to succeed please apply to the Human Resources department by Midnight Sunday 8th September 2019