BHS Dental Clinic
Casual / Part-Time Positions
Ballarat Health Services has a unique opportunity for highly motivated, forward thinking and accomplished dentist to support the clinical teaching function of our clinic as a casual Clinical Teacher. You will work in our new state of the art dental clinic which has 10 educational suites. This position will provide academic leadership and demonstrate clinical skills within the developing and teaching of 4th and 5th year dental students in all general dentistry disciplines. This will entail delivery as per BHS standards with the view of working closely with university protocols.
The successful applicant must meet the following key selection criteria have a general dental qualification, be registered with APHRA and have at least 4 years' experience in a clinical setting. Please refer to position description for information on Key Selection Criteria.
1: Obtained the mandatory qualifications/ for the position
- Formally recognised tertiary qualifications in Dentistry
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Victorian Radiation Licence
2: Demonstrated advanced clinical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with dental service delivery models at an advanced level
- An understanding of and commitment to the principles and systems of continuous improvement in the access to and delivery of dental services
3: Demonstrated Communications Skills at an advanced level
- Demonstrated communication and negotiation skills (both verbal and written) with clients and staff
- Ability to write an objective report to help with student assessment
- Ability to provide constructive feedback in a learning environment
4: Demonstrated ability to comply with, and promote contemporary work practices
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multidisciplinary team of health professionals in relation to occupational health and safety, equal employment opportunity principles, workplace agreements and industrial relations, WorkCover, infection control, quality improvement and security
- A formal qualification or equivalent in teaching or education
Attractive above award salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
For further enquiries contact Jacqui Nolan - Operations Director Dental Services on 5320 4225.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check, Working with Children check & Immunisation Clearance and satisfying BHS credentialing requirements.
All applications must be submitted online.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.