- Work with the latest technologies
- Join a growing FinTech start up
- Grow your career in a company focused on learning
Who is Zip?
People at the ASX call us a ‘Unicorn Fintech Start-up’.
More than 1.5 million Australian shoppers call us ‘an awesome way to make payments’. Over 14,000 retailers call us ‘a great partner’.
If you have seen our products, you’ll have some idea of the extraordinary work our teams deliver. We are a fast moving, innovative organisation and pride ourselves on building the best FinTech teams in Sydney.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for a mid-level DBA to join our Infrastructure team to work with the latest technologies and tools. As a Database Administrator at Zip, you will be responsible for the reliability, performance and security of existing Zip databases while also looking at the long term goals of Zip's infrastructure, like scalability and global expansion.
Your day at Zip:
You'll be working closely with the Head of Infrastructure and Operations long with an experienced Senior DBA to solve problems and proactively work on data base improvements to ensure large volumes of data can be managed. You'll also:
- Work with a mix of SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
- Managing large volumes of data using technologies such as Kafka.
- Recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve database performance.
- Implement and monitor automated backup procedures.
- Implement and maintain OS patch schedule.
- Advise and assist with scalable database solutions.
You will thrive in this role if you have:
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Exposure to PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity or willingness to pick up NoSQL databases such as ElasticSearch and Redis.
- Exposure to Kafka or the desire to learn.
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud platforms (like Azure).
- A collaborative mindset and eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analysis skills.
Other perks of being a Zipster
Apart from good vibes, when you join The Zip Fam you’ll also enjoy:
- Flexible working hours
- Our share program, so you can own part of the company you work at
- Free breakfast, fruit, coffee and soft drinks
- Free lunches every Thursday
- A Zip Pay account with no fees and no interest, ever
- Fun team-building experiences
- Heaps of social events, plus Friday drinks
We highly value diversity too! Different cultures, perspectives and points-of-view helps make us successful.
Recruitment agencies: we are not engaging with recruitment agencies for this role and do not accept unsolicited resumes.