- Work with a Market/Trader Surveillance SME
- Gain an unparalleled understanding of indices pricing & Trader behaviour
- Assist in the build of highly-complex, cutting edge solutions
Our client is a leading Australian bank who have a particularly strong reputation within the Capital markets arena. Against strategic growth plans and a continuing multi-year program of work to move away from vendor reliance, they are looking a number of Data Engineers to join their Trading Technology team and contribute to the build out of Pricing & Risk components for their FX and Fixed Income trading architecture.
In an effort the eliminate market misconduct, my client has embarked on a large scale program of work to build a highly sophisticated, Big Data, AI and ML based Market Surveillance platform. The system will sit atop the current Trading infrastructure, analyse live trade data and detect suspicious behaviours. You will work closely with a Surveillance SME to run risk scenarios, build mock-up/pseudo code solutions to test theories and catch events before writing these detective controls into the platform.
Languages / technologies:
- Experienced in Python development
- Knowledge of Spark. Ideally experience writing PySpark, but experience with Scala Spark or even Spark SQL would also be considered
Nice to have:
- Some experience in Java
Skills / Experience:
Data engineering experience.
- Experience working with large data sets and extracting insights
Database schema design
- Experience with ontology development / database schema design, preferably in a decision-making capacity
- Experience coding risk models using PySpark / big data processing
- Experience working as part of a team delivering large software projects
Problem solving skills with an ability to decompose problems and produce well-structured logical solutions