Australia - Victoria, Melbourne
We are looking for an experienced structural engineer with at least eight years of experience (preferably working on dams projects) to join our team.
The AECOM Dams Group is one of the foremost dams consultancy businesses in Australia. We have leading experts in the fields of geotechnical, structural, risk assessment and dam design. We have worked on some of the largest dam projects in Australia such as, Hinze Dam and Dartmouth Dam.
What can the dams team at AECOM offer you?
- You will work in a team that often wins work purely on the strength of its people and collaborative approach to dealing with complex problems.
- We have lots of interesting and exciting projects that we are currently working on.
- We value innovation and creative thinking.
- Our senior leadership is strong in technical mentoring, and values the development of staff.
Your role will involve:
- Being part of the dams team providing structural design and civil design services to the various business lines within the Melbourne office and within Asia-Pacific, including dam and other infrastructure projects;
- Preparation of tenders and proposals;
- Leading and supporting project teams to undertake the following:
- Investigation and condition assessment of existing dams.
- Concept design development for mass concrete and appurtenant structures.
- Documenting the engineering designs, inspection reports and surveillance works undertaken.
- Preparation of detailed design drawings and technical specifications for construction.
- Construction support services including inspection of works, evaluation of quality control and quality assurance data and construction reporting.
- At least eight years of experience in concrete structural design is essential (dams experience preferred)
- Demonstrated capability in structural design, including the preparation of design reports, design drawings and specifications
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Well developed planning and organisational skills.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a related discipline (Essential).
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.