Reporting to the Mining Business Manager, the Customer Support Manager - Mining is responsible for the effective day-to-day product support, parts and services sales activities for an existing customer base and achieving market share outcomes. The role is also responsible for assisting the customer to achieve benchmark machine performance for their assets and assist with the promise of lower cost of ownership. Regular travel to mine sites in Western Australia FIFO Perth.
- Safety Compliance
- Customer Service / Stakeholder Engagement
- Parts and Service Sales Performance
- Technical Advice & Continuous Improvement Identification
- Liaise with Service Operations and Maintenance Planning functions within WesTrac and the customer’s business unit to ensure customer objectives can be achieved
- Provide exceptional customer service to designated customer base in regards to product queries and parts/service sales for the customer’s caterpillar fleet
- Maintain successful relationships with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure ongoing opportunity identification
- Monitor parts and service sales performance and take appropriate actions where targets are not being met
- Escalate parts and service matters to the Mining Business Manager or relevant Service Operations/ Equipment Management Centre support teams
- Ensure Sales Mining database – Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) is maintained with and current customer data at all times to assist with accurate forecasting, opportunity identification and reporting
- Ensure WesTrac delivers on the promise of lowest total cost of ownership with the right technical and application advice
- Regularly monitor and report Customer’s Caterpillar Fleet performance to enable effective identification parts and service sales opportunities
- Act as escalation point between customer and Fleet Maintenance team with fleet machine management recommendations, escalating to the WesTrac Service Operations and/or Condition Monitoring Team as required
- In conjunction with the Technical Services Team, deliver continuous improvement recommendations to the customer in regards to product related issues to leverage fleet performance
- Proactively identify processes within the Sales and Support Mining team that would benefit from improvements and recommend the appropriate action
- This role will require regular travel to mine sites in Western Australia.
- Trade Certificate or technical tertiary qualification, coupled with minimum of 3 years post trade experience in the mining industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience in reporting writing and metrics
- 2 years’ experience within a Caterpillar Parts and Service customer support role or 4 years industry experience in a similar customer support role
- Sound commercial experience within the mining product support industry, including an understanding of the whole of life costs of mobile assets.
- Previous experience within a Planning Maintenance role, ideally within the Mining Equipment industry
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors. At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as we look to the future and our goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, we're more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for our business.
Benefits we can offer you:
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc.
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Program
- Partner Discount network
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounted health insurance
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates