A unique opportunity exists for a Customer Service Team Leader to become part of our team; Australasia’s largest co product stockfeed team.
With a heritage dating back to 1923, Castlegate James has been helping Australian and New Zealand farmers and animal nutritionists achieve optimum livestock production targets through a range of high performance, specialty co– product stock feeds. Castlegate James products are mainly directed at the ruminant feed market, dairy and beef cattle, sheep, and goats. Our product range includes major grains, protein meals, manufactured moist feeds, traditional grain mixes, sugar/starch/energy mixes, pellets and an extensive range of co-product stock feeds which have been sourced from the food and beverage industries around Australia.
This role will be in Braybrook. Reporting to the General Manager Operations & Procurement, The Customer Service Team Leader is responsible for Leading the Customer Service Team to increase sales by both maintaining and building on sales to existing customer and seeking out new customers. This position supports the field staff through servicing regular customer’s orders and planning repeat business. This role will also be responsible for following up unsuccessful opportunities to identify the issues, then resolving these issues and securing the customer. This position will also be responsible for capturing feedback on where our product or service offering can be improved to win the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To lead and develop the Customer Service Team. Provide hands on training on product, leadership, customer service techniques.
- Maintain regular contact with all customers to ensure current product needs are met and where opportunities are identified increase sales volumes by introducing customers to a broad range of products that will benefit them.
- Liaise with field sales team to ensure contact with customers is effective and builds on the communication by the field sales representative.
- Follow up and ensure ordered products are delivered on time and seek opportunities for repeat business.
- Maintain a call log of sales and volumes to ensure customers’ requirements are met.
- Populate and record notes on customers’ accounts for CRM data inclusion for the purpose of serving customers and identifying sales opportunities.
- Ensuring any credit issues and finance issues are resolved quickly.
- Working with Key Account Manager’s to minimise unsold loads going to storage.
- To place orders into the CRM for accuracy and to ensure this is in line with Microsoft D365.
- Ensure the site nonconformance process for product and service is followed at all times by the sales team; ensure corrective actions are determined and the approval procedure is followed to expedite a timely and professional process.
You will have the experience and skills
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, leading a customer service team
- Strong sales ability of 3+ years
- Very good people skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including well developed Excel and Word skills
- Ability to manage a schedule, keep detailed records and achieve specific objectives within specified deadlines.
- To have some understanding of nutrition or the agricultural industry.
If you meet the above criteria, please send us a cover letter as to why you believe you are suitable for the role and your resume