Crowdsourcing Project Supervisor (In-Office) - Chatswood, Sydney
Appen is a global leader in the development of high-quality, human annotated datasets for machine learning and artificial intelligence. With over 20 years of experience, expertise in more than 180 languages, and access to a global crowd of over 400,000, Appen partners with leading technology companies to enhance their machine learning-based products.
Due to the increasing demand in speech data, we are currently seeking an ambitious and energetic Data Collection Project Supervisor, who under the direction of the Project Manager, will work closely with members of the language resource team to assist with the successful delivery of speech collection projects.
Working as part of a team your key areas of responsibility include: project set-up and administration and crowd management. To be successful in this role you will need to develop and execute successful candidate engagement strategies and build a pipeline of qualified candidates through proactive liaising with potential partners and candidates and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget whilst maintaining good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Location: In-office, Chatswood, Sydney
Length: 3-6 month contract, with the possibility to extend
Working Hours/ Day: 7.5
Working Days/ Week: 5
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of successful creation, execution, monitoring and reporting on all types of candidate engagement strategies.
- Using Appen’s custom database and tools, source and engage remote candidates to complete short speech tasks in the target language.
- Conduct follow-up communications with potential candidates via email and custom tools.
- Develop communication resources and tracking tools for candidate engagement.
- Manage data collection and project completion status, reporting to the Project Manager.
- Be a proactive team member, contributing solutions and helping others as necessary.
- Follow strict confidentiality protocol regulating the handling of project details and other sensitive information.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- You are fluent in communicating in English both oral and written.
- Computer literate and able to pick up new tools and systems quickly and with accuracy.
- You will have an intuitive approach and a service orientated and flexible outlook to your work.
- You’re a self-starter, who can work independently and proactively to resolve issues, take ownership of the tools, processes, reporting and relationships with vendors.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data, identify trends and analyse process effectiveness.
- You’re naturally curious and want to experiment with new and creative ideas.
- You thrive working in metric-driven, fast-paced, high-growth environments.
- You have strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to pitch comprehensive user engagement solutions.
- Ideally speak either Malay or Indonesian
- 1+ years' experience or knowledge of online data collection operations.
Required Software/Code & Standards:
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel, VBA, Word, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Google Suite of tools (G-Suite) – Google Docs and Sheets.
Document to be submitted:
- Please include with your application: your updated CV/resume; details of any language qualifications you hold; your availability.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.