Counsellor - Health & Wellbeing Services - CentacareCQ
CentacareCQ has an opportunity for a part-time Counsellor to join their dedicated Clinical & Social Services Team in Gladstone (45.6 -76 hours per fortnight).
As a member of the Clinical & Social Services Team, Family Relationship Counsellors are responsible for providing a range of Family Relationship Counselling Services to individuals, families, groups, children and young people. Key tasks of this role include providing:
- Therapeutic counselling services;
- Pyschoeducational services to individuals or groups;
- Community education services.
Family Relationship Counsellors must ensure they provide services in accordance with relevant funding guidelines and standards including services in accordance with the Family Law Act 1975.
Family Relationship Counsellors must participate in program promotion and networking to ensure the ongoing financial viability of the program, ensure that local community needs are met and opportunities to work collaboratively with other agencies are explored to benefit service users.
Counsellor duties include:
Mission, Vision & Values
- Support a positive culture within the organisation in line with CentacareCQmission, vision and values;
- Participate actively in formation activities.
- Provide client assessment and therapeutic counselling to children, individuals, couples and families in accordance to the Family Law Act 1975 (Family Counsellors);
- Develop, plan and supervise the implementation of psychoeducational, developmental therapeutic programs or community education activities;
- Implement client outcome measures in accordance with service guidelines, funding accountability and professional responsibilities;
- Provide response to critical stress incidents and to post traumatic stress disorders.
Network & Stakeholders
- Network with other community agencies and stakeholders and provide appropriate client referrals as needed;
- Work flexible hours to meet client need, including possible work outside of normal business hours;
- Contribution to effective and innovative service delivery models to increase client numbers.
Please note: The successful candidate will be required to participate in an Australian Federal Police check and a Working with children check, prior to confirmation of appointment to the position.
The successful candidate will also be required to demonstrate entitlement to work in Australia, and to disclose any pre-existing injury or disease which may be adversely affected by undertaking the inherent requirements of the position.
To view further details and to submit an application, please click "apply now".