This role is a permanent Centre Cook position.
Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week, 8:30am – 4:30pm at a privately owned centre in Gisborne, Victoria.
You will be required to plan, purchase and prepare a menu for a 123 place centre, which is nutritional, well balanced and suited to dietary needs of the children.
To be considered for this role you will be required to have the following:
- Food Handling Certificate or Food Supervisor Certificate
- Experience running a large kitchen independently.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate
- CPR including Anaphylaxis & Asthma
- Working with children clearance
- Previous experience cooking in a childcare service would be preferred
* We can assist with any training required, if necessary.
- Plan, purchase and prepare nutritional meals
- Follow food safety standards and best recommended practices
- Support the services’ nutritional and hygiene policies
- Maintain an organised safe, clean & hygienic environment at all times
- Meet the individual food requirements of specific children
- Be organised and manage time effectively
Only suitable applicants will be contacted.
The application process will include these questions:
- Do you have a current Working with Children Check? (WWC)
- Do you hold a current Food Handlers certificate?
- Have you completed a qualification in hospitality?
- Do you have experience working with children?