TASTY FOOD GROUP PTY LTD t/a Tikka Take in Canberra – ACT is looking for a COOK who can uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role:
- Preparing, cooking, seasoning & portioning a variety of dishes from the as per “Tikka Take” menu as ordered by dine-in and take away customers.
- Follow all Tikka Take’s operational kitchen process and procedures, achieving all required standards.
- Prepare ingredients to cook when customer's orders are placed, weighing and/or measuring quantities accurately and consistently.
- Help maintain the kitchen to a high standard in accordance with our Food Safety Control plan to ensure we have a hygienic and safe work area, by assisting with record keeping, cleaning and maintenance check lists.
- Keep high standards of personal hygiene and follow proper hand washing techniques.
- Assist head chef to Purchase and regularly check stock levels of vegetables and meat to be ready for rush periods and make checks of stock for daily ordering.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Responsible to ensure that all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area (and, where appropriate, the dining areas) is carried out effectively.
- Trade Certificate III
- At least two years of work experience with various Indian food recipes plating styles ambience and presentation
- Substantial background in working with tandoor and preparing delicious curries as per “Tikka Take” Menu
- Experience with various Indian food recipes plating styles ambience and presentation
- Familiar with Indian culinary cooking methods products and techniques
- Knowledge of Indian spices and cooking tools
- Comfortable adjusting food to taste diet etc
- Thrives under pressure in a high volume food environment
- High standard of personal hygiene
- Excellent knowledge of relevant food and health & safety regulations
If you are ready for a high impact role that shows your talent and potential, please send your resume to: Email: [email protected] or alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Store Manager on PHONE: 1300 845 528