- Work for a Global Leader
- Great Working Environment
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Outstanding Career Opportunities to further develop your career
- Work vehicle and tools provided
Dematic Pty Ltd, is a world leader within the integrated logistics and material handling industry. We provide intelligent logistics solutions for manufacturing and distribution, as well as comprehensive automation and software technology solutions, tailored to our clients’ needs. Our innovative portfolio meets the demands of an ever changing supply chain landscape and is designed to deliver a clear competitive edge. As a company we take pride in offering our employees a safe and rewarding work environment in which to develop their careers.
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a motivated and talented Electrician to join our Controls Support Engineering team. The position of Controls Technician will be located at our head office in Belrose, NSW and will require travel to customer sites to assist with projects locally, nationally and internationally when required.
The role is suited for a highly skilled electrician that has a strong understanding in industrial automation with exposure to PLC's, SCADA and material handling systems like conveyers and sortation systems from a projects commissioning background.
You will assist the controls support engineers with upgrade/modernisation projects providing technical assistance in maintaining and commissioning clients' equipment in accordance with project and service agreements, whilst also identifying opportunities for improvement in the manufacture or performance of systems and products. Adhering to and promoting safety standards and work is also a vital component of the role. Opportunities to participate in out of hours system support and weekend overtime is available.
Skills and Experience:
Successful candidates will have experience in troubleshooting/problem solving equipment faults, be customer focused and ensure high quality service and output is delivered, as well as possessing the following qualifications & experience:
- Must hold a current Unrestricted Electrical License (Australian)
- Must have technical qualifications as electrical fitter
- Candidates with Certificate IV in Industrial Automation and Control or similar PLC qualifications are highly regarded
- Must have full Australian work rights with no restrictions
- Strong background experience with maintaining mechanical and pneumatic systems, computerised maintenance systems, and automation (conveyors & sortation systems)
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics
- Willing to travel and work away from home for project requirements
- Understanding of OH&S requirements and regulations
- PLC experience/exposure in Siemens S7, Allen Bradley and SCADA packages such as WIN CC, Citect and Iconics is ideal
- Experience in computerised maintenance systems
- Excellent verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective on-going relationships with customers
An attractive salary package with overtime opportunities are on offer, as well as outstanding career development opportunities. The role is supplied with tools of trade items including a fully maintained company vehicle, tools, uniform, mobile phone and laptop computer.
The position can potentially offer further personal development opportunities by obtaining formal qualifications in engineering to transition into controls engineering career path.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the 'Apply for this job' button below.
Dematic is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas of employment including recruitment, selection, promotion, training etc. and in accordance with federal and state legislation, Dematic Pty Ltd (Dematic or the Company) promotes a workplace free from discrimination and harassment.